A vision board is a visual representation of your goals and aspirations for the future. It can be a powerful tool for staying motivated and focused on what you want to achieve.
The purpose of a vision board is to help you visualize a better future for yourself. Putting a vision board in a place where you can easily see it keeps you motivated to work towards your dreams. Constantly seeing the pictures and words you’ve put in will inspire you and will provide clarity to your subconscious mind about where you want to go. Visualization is one of the strongest ways to manifest your desires.
Here are the steps for creating a vision board for the new year:
- Start by gathering some supplies, including a large piece of poster board or foam board, scissors, glue, and magazines or printouts of images that represent your goals and aspirations. You can always make a digital version too.
- Take some time to think about what you want to achieve in the new year. This could include personal goals, career goals, health goals, relationship goals, or anything else that is important to you. Visualize what you want to achieve in the future. Be specific and realistic.
- Once you have a clear idea of what you want to focus on, begin looking through the magazines or images on the internet to find pictures that represent your goals (three of my favorite free image sites are Pexels, Unslpash, and Pinterest). Cut out the pictures and set them aside or download them. Pictures are a powerful tool for visualizing your goals.
- Arrange the pictures on the poster board or on the editing tool (For example, Canva, if you haven’t tried it before, now it’s the time. It’s a free website and app that you can access on your computer and phone that makes graphic design for non-graphic designers quick and easy) in a way that feels visually appealing to you. You can also add words or phrases that represent your goals.
- Hang the vision board in a place where you will see it often, such as on your bedroom wall or in your office. Or, if you make a digital version, it can be used as computer wallpaper or phone screensaver to help manifest your dreams every day. This will help keep your goals top of mind and remind you to stay focused on achieving them.
- Review your vision board regularly and make any necessary changes or updates as you progress towards your goals.
Creating a vision board can be a fun and creative way to focus on what you want to achieve in the new year. It can also help you stay motivated and on track toward achieving your goals.
Are you ready to make your dreams come true? Are you a fan of dream/vision boards? Let me know in the comments ❤