Dating yourself means finding dedicated alone time to do something you love.
You can be single or in a romantic relationship and still have little dates with yourself because it is essential to cultivate a sense of independence, confidence, and self-worth. Dating yourself can greatly help you develop self-love. And to have a healthy and happy relationship with people in your circle you must first love yourself. Your alone time is precious.
When you spend time on your own, you have the opportunity to reflect on your growth, on your dreams. It can also help you become more in tune with your feelings. You start getting to know yourself on a deeper level.
And it can be fun too! You decide what to do, where, when…Sounds great to me!
Start small but start today. Even if it takes only 15 minutes of your day, it’s already great!
Self Date Ideas:
- 📝 Write yourself a love letter
- 🛀 Have a long bath
- 📖 Read your favorite book
- 🧺 Have a picnic at the park
- 🏖️ Go to the beach
- 💐 Buy yourself flowers
- 🖼️ Go to a museum
- 🎨 Get creative: paint, write, go to a pottery class, redecorate your room
- 🚗 Take a road trip
- 🥞 Go for brunch
- 💆♀️ Have a spa day
- 📽️ Go to the cinema
- 🚶 Go for a walk in nature
- ☕ Coffee date
- 🍜 Make yourself your favorite dinner dish
- 🍕 Movie and pizza night
- 📚 Learn a new skill / start an online course
- ✨ Create a vision board
- 🍽️ Take a cooking class
- 📱 Start an Instagram/TikTok/Youtube account about something you’re passionate about
- 📷 Explore a nearby city
- 🌵 Do some planting
- 🚴♀️ Go on a bike ride
- 🕺 Have a dance party
- 🏡 Redecorate your house/bedroom
- 🎵 Create a music playlist
As you can see there are a lot of fun things to do on your own and dating yourself is certainly a great way to practice self-care. So get out there and go on a self-date!
Tell me, what are your favorite things to do alone? I would love to know!
See you in the next week ❤️